In conjunction with The Helper Arts Festival, the Dirty Arts Fondo will be an epic 62.6 mile ride through historic Helper and Kenilworth, through Price Main St. and west to the foothills of the Manti-LaSal mountains before returning to Helper where you can enjoy food, drinks, music and art.
After a short warm-up riding through Helper (5,800 feet), the rider climbs to Kenilworth (6,300 feet) on paved road where the road turns into dirt/gravel (well maintained). From here the rider connects to Airport Road returning to pavement and comes into Price (5,600 feet) riding through downtown and begins heading West returning to a dirt/gravel road. This begins a climb that tops out at 7,700 feet before joining Consumers Road (paved). The descent features breathtaking views of the high desert plateaus Carbon County is famous for. The rider will make a short connection on dirt roads between Consumers and Spring Canyon before completing the loop, on pavement, into Helper.
Finish the ride and enjoy the Helper Arts & Film Festival - music, food, drinks and fun!
- 4,734 climbing
- 4,711 descent
- 3 aid/water stations (@ start, @ 20 miles, @ lunch stop)
- Lunch (on course @ 40.2 miles) plus restroom
- Early registration: Dirty Arts T-shirt
- Registered riders: Lizard Skins customer chainstay and misc. items
- Top 3 riders: Grand Trunk hammock
- Donation of proceeds to go to Carbon Composite MTB High School Team